Sidney B&B/Inn with nine guest-rooms is looking for a mature, personable and reliable Breakfast Cook/Host/Server to join our small family-like team. Working in a pleasant home-like setting, 2 mornings a week, for approximately 10 hours a week (additional hours as holiday relief for F/T cook). This is a permanent year-round position. The right candidate will be someone who thrives on early mornings (7am start), desires long-term employment and employment stability. This position starts later this month.
Preparing and serving a set-menu hot breakfast for up to 18 guests; Acting as host/hostess to guests; Checking out departing guests.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES (include but are not limited to):
- Taking reservation enquiries over the phone, in person and by email;
- Checking-in early arriving guests;
- Light housekeeping and laundry;
- Willing and able to multi-task.
- Flair for cooking and presentation.
- You should present yourself well in manner and appearance.
- Personable and enjoy meeting new people from around the world.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You should be a strong team player.
- You must be physically fit and able to walk up and down stairs (no elevator).
- Food Safe Certificate.
You MUST have your own reliable transportation, if commuting. The ideal candidate will live on the Peninsula.
If chosen for this position a criminal record check will be required. Current references are required.
If this sounds like you - we would enjoy hearing from you. Please forward resumes Attn: Manager, by email to the address listed above, or by fax to .
Thank you to all who apply - Please note however, that only those who are short-listed for an interview will receive further contact and updates regarding the posting.
Compensation: TBD, based on experience / pooled gratuities.
This is a part-time job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.