This is not your typical HR position.
Are you brimming with innovation? Do you love the thrill of a challenge? Do you thrive in a fast paced, results orientated environment? If you are prepared to do the work of building foundational HR practices while being forward thinking and leading edge, then this could be the perfect job for you!
Procura provides a fully integrated clinical and back office software solution for health care supporting administrative, financial and clinical functions. Come join our winning team in helping our employees succeed in our business.
We strive to enable our employees' success and it is people like you that make it possible; people who look at problems differently, people who understand the challenges of information systems and people who are passionate about what they do. Our company is growing and some very exciting things lie ahead for us this year -- we hope you can join us.
This position is responsible for developing and executing the Human Resources function across three countries to ensure a productive and profitable operation, while helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through strong work ethic, leadership by example and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service throughout the company. The Manager, Human Resources will be responsible for all day to day HR initiatives, policy and procedure development, processes and programs in the areas of recruitment, new employee onboarding, compensation and benefits, employment branding, organizational development, recognition, retention, performance management, employee development, employee satisfaction and corporate communications. This position reports to the Director, Corporate Services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Defines, monitors and maintains key performance indicators in areas such as attrition, program effectiveness, and monitors progress towards key initiatives.
• Proactively researches and implements best practices in human resource management.
• Monitors legal requirements and government reporting regulations and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance globally.
• Creates policies and standards to ensure best practices, consistent with business direction.
• Champions Procura's core values through HR programs and initiatives.
• Reviews and recommends training and development needs of company against company objectives and constraints.
• Keeps up with current issues and concerns of employees as they would impact the ongoing operations of the company.
• Manages change as it affects employees at all levels within the organization.
• Responsible for management, administration, and implementation of the performance management program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Participates in the development and implementation of strategic recruitment and retention initiatives.
• Provides all levels of management with professional advice and support in the internal and external recruitment process, including: vacancy management, determining appropriate advertising mediums/methods, developing selection tools, conducting interviews, and evaluating candidates.
• Develops and maintains relationships within the local HR and broader community to create a pipeline of talent.
• Acts as coach, advisor and mentor for the organization's staff and management to educate, discuss issues, resolve conflicts, problem-solve and provide support and assistance concerning matters of the workplace.
• Manages financial resources within the department including developing the budget, and reporting on, explaining, and managing significant variances.
• Provides advice and guidance to employees regarding career development.
• Provides advice and assistance to all levels of management on the development of Job Descriptions and ensures qualifications are bona fide and consistent.
• Ensures core competencies are well-defined to facilitate implementation of succession planning and quality recruitment.
• In collaboration with Marketing, develops promotional and marketing collateral to amplify Procura brand recognition.
• Responsible for the creation, implementation, and renewal of benefit programs to serve employees in all jurisdictions.
Position Core Competencies
• Climate Awareness -- ability to recognize and use information about organizational climate, politics and market conditions to manage change and reveal business opportunities.
• Building Collaborative Relationships -- develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others inside and outside the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
• Decision Making and Problem Solving -- takes action to solve problems while exhibiting sound business and professional judgment. Takes time to understand issues and uses reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Business Acumen -- understands legal language with respect to contracts, employment standards legislation and their effect on business.
• Managing Change -- demonstrates support for, and initiates, sponsors and implements innovation and organization changes needed to improve the organizations effectiveness; helps others successfully manage organization change.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead, inspire, motivate, educate and empower others by fostering a positive and productive team environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and establish the trust and respect of all internal and external stakeholders.
• Outstanding business communication skills in both written and verbal form with an ability to develop technical and training documents such as employee training materials, policy and procedure, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Refined decision-making and problem solving skills with an ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
• Hands-on, self-starter and technically savvy.
• Degree or diploma in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a progressive human resources environment.
• 3 - 5 years of Human Resources experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
• CHRP designation an asset.
• A background in payroll & benefits would be an asset.
• Developed mentoring, consultation, facilitation and coaching skills.
• A strong negotiator with proven ability to impact and influence.
• Strategic mind set and well developed business acumen.
• Excellent attention to detail and well developed organizational skills, and professional presence.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of relevant employment legislation, including the BC Employment Standards Act.
• Interpersonal skills sufficient to deal with very sensitive/confidential or highly conflict-filled situation.
Ready for your next challenge? E-mail your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to: Procura@EngagedHR.com. For more information on our company and our leaders, please visit our website -- www.goprocura.com.
Thank you for your interest in Procura!
Location: Victoria, BC
Compensation: depending on skills and experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.