Imagine a world where you are connected to millions of people. Where being connected means bringing new technology to life. Where we make things happen when we work together. Just imagine what being on the leading edge of technology could do for you, for everyone! At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 12,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3.4 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
Career Opportunity: Equipment Redeployment Technician (ERT)
We are currently seeking Equipment Redeployment Technicians (ERT) in our offices throughout BC to join our team. This position reports directly to the Supervisor, National Redeployment. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing, refurbishing and redeploying Shaw hardware returned after use from Customers. This is a pivotal role in the Supply Chain process.
• Test and diagnose irregularities and malfunctions of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) at branch warehouses
• Apply CPE testing and repair procedures consistently per the guidelines
• Responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and redeployment of CPE equipment
• Coordinate with Regional Equipment Representatives (National Technical Service Delivery) regarding equipment "wrong-status" and clean-up
• Schedule and prioritize testing, refurbishment and redeployment of CPE based on changing demand
• Document fault type and repair procedure for future reference and share with other Equipment Redeployment Technicians
• Facilitate on-boarding and provide on-job training to fellow technicians or new team members
• Logistically support redeployment to customer sites
• Coordinate with National Redeployment Supervisor and Supply Chain Performance & Training Specialists to improve the redeployment metric and achieve business objectives
• Identify and communicate any system, process or testing capacity gaps affecting the redeployment
• Maintain knowledge base of frequently asked questions and resolutions
• Identify and mitigate risks /issues that may arise
• Implement or enhance processes with a focus on the drive for excellence in the reverse process
• Other duties as required
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum Grade 12 completion or equivalent level of relevant work experience
• Previous warehouse and electronic equipment testing and repair experience
• Previous customer service experience an asset
• Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Management (SCM) process including reverse logistics
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively handle escalations and time critical issues
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills
• Ability to self motivate, multi task, and prioritize work
• Ability to facilitate decisions and build consensus
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying by February 13, 2012.
Please visit Shaw.ca/careers to apply to this role and to view similar job opportunities throughout BC.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.